Extra shipping charges may apply.
5400 TX motor, Woodcarving Kit
Kit includes 1/3HP TX motor, No. 44T Handpiece, SXR Control, No.53 Accessory Kit, and Grease. Newly added at no additional charge – Fur, Feathers and Fins – a 3-disc dvd set with master carver Frank Russell (a $29.95 retail value).
PrePackaged Tool Kits take guesswork out of product selection, offer the best value, and feature smart tool combinations for specific applications. They contain
just about everything you need to get to work- motor, speed control, handpiece and accessories. When purchased with an optional motor hanger, you are ready to go straight out of the box!
1. Series TX Motor: Foredom’s most powerful flex shaft machines with 1/3HP. They have permanent magnet DC motors that feature the latest in flex shaft technology. These ball bearing models utilize advanced rare earth magnets (in place of the wound fields in our universal type Series SR motors) that deliver more torque at the low end and throughout the entire speed range of 500 to 15,000 RPM. No other flex shaft gives you greater control of the cutting tool, drill, or bur under any load.
It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and our standard 39″ long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredoms interchangeable handpieces.
Foredom’s permanent magnet motors require the use of a C.TXR, C.SXR, or C.EMX speed control. Damage will result if the motor is connected to any other speed control.
2. C.SXR Speed Control: The C.SXR looks the same as our standard foot operated control but it has electronics that convert AC current from an electrical outlet to DC current, the type required by Series TX motors. This control also has a different style plug that is made to fit the motor’s shielded-type plug. The C.SXR offers the same electronics and smooth control as the C.TXR but in a much heavier, cast iron housing. The added weight eliminates any unexpected movement of the control along the floor. The bottom surface of the speed control is covered with non-skid material. CSA listed. 7″ long, 5″ wide, 2-1/2″ high, 6 lb/2.7 kg packaged wt.
3. H.44T Handpiece: This collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a key tip compatible handpiece.
4. AKWK53 Accessory Kit: 27-pc. assortment with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom- ScotchBrite Radial Bristle Discs, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
5. Fur, Feathers, and Fins: 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail
Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank’s congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve.
6. Flexible shaft grease