Artist Brushes SIMPLY SIMMONS SYNTHETIC SHORT HANDLE ROUND 6
Simply Simmons Multi Media Brushes
Simply Simmons is a line of quality brushes for students, amateurs and professionals made in the Daler-Rowney factory in the Dominican Republic. The name Simply Simmons comes from the original brand Robert Simmons, offering superior quality at a single price point.
- Angular Brights/Shaders: Used for tight shading and curved strokes.
- Brights/Blenders: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Dagger Striper/Sword: Long chisel edge for easy, fine lines. Vary pressure for thick-to-thin ribbon effect.
- Fans: Brush fibers are spread out making it useful for subtle blending and for textural effects.
- Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Flats: Longer hairs than a bright, this brush has more flex and a large color carrying capability.
- Grainer/Comb/Ridge: A Grainer/Comb/Ridge produce a repetitive pattern of thin lines.
- Liners: Similar to rounds, but with longer hairs. Liners have a large color carrying capacity and makes long, fluid strokes.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.
- Strokes: Strokes have long, rectangular ends, a large color carrying capacity and create long, fluid strokes.
- Washes: A wide, flat brush used primarily to lay-in large amounts of color, to wet paper, or for blending.